If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Monday, January 24, 2011

Schedule for Toddlers - 4

I hosted Tot School this week so there are lots of activities headed your way!!!!

So far we have: 
7-8              Breakfast, practicing letters and morning review of the day.
8-9              Morning Task Sheet, get ready basically tidy up and morning chores.
9-10            Free Play with Mom - No chore time slot...you will be amazed how much your kids will love this time!
10-11          Quiet Activities

From 10 - 11 is when I start laundry, or dishes or things that HAVE to get done.  I give myself an hour to get as much done as I can.  What are the kids doing?  I usually give them a quiet activity like a game, or puzzles or coloring.  I never leave these things out because I want them to be special when I pull them out.  I almost always have classical or non-lyrical music playing in the background because it tends to mellow out the kids and give me an atmosphere that I am looking for.  If I play MC Hammer's "To Legit To Quit" you can imagine how peaceful the house will be. 

I have some quiet activities listed on the side bar but here are some good ones - 

There are over 40 Quiet Activities on this blog so get busy! :)

I find if I limit myself to an hour of power cleaning I get so much more done and the kids know when the kitchen timer goes off we are done with quiet time.  Sometimes I will even set up stations so when the dishes are done for me the puzzles are done for them.  When I move to folding clothes, they move to coloring.  It helps the time go by and they are doing more on their own.

Let me know what you think!



1 comment:

  1. I never realized you had quiet activities listed, thats awesome! Im in need of some new ones. They really do save our lives when there are dishes to be done.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected