If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Monday, October 11, 2010

Secondary Colors - Toddler Activity #1

It was my turn for Tot School this week.  Everyday I will post what we did for you to do with your 2.5-3 year old.  If you want my tot school schedule email me and I will send it to you! :)

Last week they worked on Primary Colors. I was pleased that they knew the 3 they worked on so it was time to learn the next 3.

I downloaded this Catch a Rainbow observation chart from KidZone.  I printed it on Graph Paper for full effect! :)

Then I filled a bowl of milk and added food coloring red, blue and yellow to the milk.  I used milk because it showed the colors better than water would have.
 Then we observed it.
 Then we filled in the first circle with what we saw.
The kids were so good and coloring everything just as they saw it. Cute!
 Then I stirred it with a wooden stick.
 They thought this was neat. Then we colored what we saw after the stirring.
During snack I asked each person what we did and what we saw.  I loved that 4 of the kids said that we made a mess in the bowl. Hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And as a teacher, the prewriting and science strategies you are using are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! I think I will try it again with Nick and Alli at home.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected